NOTE: This unit begins when you are starting Bend II of the reading unit, Learning Through Reading: Westward Expansion. During the writing workshop time that correlates with Bend I of the reading unit (about a week and a half), you can conduct a mini-unit on a topic your students need more work, such as a punctuation study or a brief author study, or you can have students remind themselves of all they know about expository nonfiction writing using expert topics and anchor charts from a similar Grade 4 unit (ask your Grade 4 colleagues to borrow their charts). See your Literacy Coach for more support in thinking about the best course of instruction for your students during this time.
- Welcome! Start Here...
- Key Resources Across the Year
Resources for RW Units of Study
- Interpretation Book Clubs >
- Tackling Complexity: Moving Up Levels in NF Reading >
- Fantasy Book Clubs >
- Argument and Advocacy: Researching Debatable Issues >
- Learning Through Reading: Westward Expansion >
- Historical Fiction Book Clubs >
- Social Issues Book Clubs >
- Little Things are Big_Poetry and Poetic Craft in Literature >
- Author Study: Reading Like A Fan >
Resources for WW Units of Study
Create a free website with Weebly